Maybe You Don’t Need to Figure Your Whole Life Out This Week
Have you ever driven all the way to the store and then just sat in the parking lot?
You made it there.
The store is twelve feet away.
You are fully capable of getting out of the car.
And yet somehow your brain is like, “Mmmmm. I don’t know if we have that kind of capacity today.”
So you sit.
Check your phone.
Answer a text.
Open Instagram.
Maybe stare through the windshield like you’re waiting for further instructions from the universe.
I think business can feel a lot like that.
You’re not technically trapped.
You have options.
Actually, you probably have TOO MANY options.
You could rebuild the offer.
Go harder on the offer you already have.
Take the contract.
Turn down the contract.
Raise your prices.
Change your positioning.
Start the podcast.
Finish the course.
Get a job for six months and give yourself breathing room.
Launch the idea you haven’t stopped thinking about.
Burn it all down and become a florist.
Honestly, the florist thing is starting to sound peaceful.
And then someone tells you that you need clarity.
Cool.
About WHAT?
Because you’re currently trying to make seventeen decisions that all seem connected to each other.
That doesn’t always mean you’re stuck.
Sometimes it means you haven’t figured out which decision actually comes first.
You may not have a clarity problem
This distinction matters.
There is a difference between:
“I genuinely have no idea what to do.”
and
“I can see six possible directions and I don’t trust myself to pick one.”
The second problem doesn’t get solved by giving you more ideas.
Please, God, no more ideas.
You probably have enough.
It gets solved by figuring out which decision has the most leverage.
Which decision changes the other decisions?
Because your business decisions are not all sitting on the same level.
Some of them are downstream.
If you don’t know what you want to sell, choosing sales-page fonts is not currently an emergency.
If you no longer want a calendar packed with client appointments, “How do I get more clients?” may be the wrong business question.
If you aren’t sold on your offer anymore, we probably don’t need to diagnose your content consistency yet.
Sometimes your business is not refusing to move.
It is waiting for you to decide what the hell you’re actually asking it to become.
An unmade decision is still making decisions for you
This is the part founders underestimate.
Indecision does not create neutrality.
Your business starts organizing itself around the thing you haven’t decided.
You hesitate to market because you don’t know what you want people to buy.
You keep rewriting your website because the positioning hasn’t actually been settled.
You create another offer because committing to the current one would require you to find out whether people want it.
You keep taking clients because that is how money currently comes in, even though you already know this delivery model is eating your entire life.
Then you start judging yourself.
“I’m inconsistent.”
“I never finish anything.”
“I need discipline.”
“I’m terrible at execution.”
Maybe.
But I’m skeptical.
Sometimes you are trying to execute on top of an unresolved strategic decision.
Those are different problems.
And if you diagnose the wrong one, you can spend months trying to fix your behavior when the real issue is that you have not committed to a direction.
Find the decision underneath the decisions
When a founder comes to me with twelve different business problems, I’m rarely interested in solving all twelve independently.
I want to know what connects them.
That is a huge part of my work as a Business Advisor and Diagnostic Strategist.
Someone will tell me:
“My website isn’t converting.”
“I don’t know what to post.”
“My offer isn’t selling.”
“I keep wanting to change my niche.”
“I have another business idea.”
“I’m making money but I’m exhausted.”
Those may be six separate problems.
Or they may be six symptoms of one unresolved decision.
That’s the thing I’m listening for.
Because when you find the decision with the most weight behind it, the rest of the business often gets much easier to read.
Not easy.
Clearer.
And clearer is enough to move.
Ask yourself this instead
If you are circling right now, stop asking:
What should I do with my business?
That question is enormous.
Ask:
Which decision, if I made it, would make the other decisions easier to make?
Maybe deciding you no longer want to trade every hour for money changes your offer strategy.
Maybe admitting you’re bored with the service changes the marketing problem.
Maybe choosing the new direction makes the website obvious.
Maybe realizing you still believe in the offer means it’s time to stop rebuilding it and actually sell the damn thing.
One clean decision can remove an incredible amount of fake complexity.
When you need another set of eyes
The frustrating part about a blind spot is that you usually cannot think your way out of it using the same information you have been circling for three months.
Sometimes you need someone outside the business to look at what you’re saying, what you’re doing, what you keep avoiding, and what your business is already showing you.
That is what The Tell is for.
The Tell is my $22 asynchronous business diagnostic. You send me the context, the question, the thing you cannot quite see clearly from inside your own business.
I look for the pattern underneath it.
Then I send you a voice memo that begins:
“I found your tell.”
No giant strategy deck.
No twelve-week commitment.
No pretending every problem requires coaching.
Just my eyes on the thing.
Because sometimes you are one observation away from making the decision you have been circling for months.
.png)

Comments
Post a Comment